- MB, BCh, BaO, LRCP, LRCS- Royal College of Surgeons/National University, Ireland
- FFPath (College of Medicine, South Africa)
- FRCPA (Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia)
- FFPath (Royal College of Physicians, Ireland)
- FRCPath (Royal College of Pathologists, United Kingdom
- FRCPC (Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada)
- FCAP (College of American Pathologists)
- DPhil/PhD (St. John’s College, University of Oxford)
- Interim Program Medical Director and Pathologist in Chief, Laboratory Medicine Program, University Health Network, Professor of Pathology, University of Toronto.
- Director for External Partnerships
- Head of the UHN Biobank,
- Consultant GI/Pancreas, Soft tissue pathologist
- Director of Translational Pathology/Professor of Pathology and Head of Clinical Departmentof Pathology, Biomedical Research Centre/Oxford University Hospitals Trust/University of Oxford, Senior Research Fellow, Kellogg College
- St Mungo Notman Professor and Chair, and Head of Pathology, University of Glasgow, Scientific Director, Glasgow Biomedicine Biorepository
- Professor and Chair, and Head of Department Department of Anatomical Pathology, School of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Nelson R Mandela Medical School, University of Natal & King Edward VIII Hospital, Durban, South Africa.
Publications: 418 papers in peer-reviewed, international journal articles. Several book chapters. Editor of Leong’s Manual of Immunohistology (4th edition).
Editor in Chief of Diagnostic Histopathology: 2010-2016
Editor in Chief of the Journal of Clinical Pathology: 2003-2009
Editor for Molecular Pathology/Reviews/Book reviews, Journal of Clinical Pathology: 2010-current Spoken at several international congresses and meeting.
- Vice Chancellor’s Research Award for 1997, University of Natal.
- Fellow of the University of Natal, December 1999.
- Mary Weston Achiever of the Year Award, November 1999, University of Natal.
- Best Teacher Award for Residents in Pathology, 2003-2004, University of Toronto.
- Individual Teaching Excellence Award, Wightman Berris Academy, 2006-2007, University of Toronto